Monday, July 10, 2006

David's Flower Drawings
For those of you wondering what I have been doing to keep busy, well, I've started drawing. I'm using colored pencils now, but plan to advance to water colors and oil as I improve my skills.
Wednesday evenings at the Club Britania here in Morelia, Sandra and I have been taking painting classes. The instructor is a famous Mexican murialist, Gilberto Rameriz. Gilberto has been commissioned to paint murals depicting Mexican History in both the United States and Mexico.
I'm still learning how to shade and show depth and texture in my drawings. I enjoy the time drawing, it's very relaxing for my mind. I don't know what my style is yet, though I'm leaning to impressionism. As I mentioned in the previous post, I plan on painting and recording the wild flowers at Tres Marias. The flower drawings show here are in order that I painted them, starting with the most recent painting at the top and the oldest here at the bottom. I think I'm improving in my technique. Well, anyway, this is one way I'm keeping my mind active here in Morelia. A future Blog will show Sandra's drawing and her style. She is must more perfectionist and realistic with her art than me. It's interesting how we both have developed our unique styles.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home