Friday, September 01, 2006

Tres Marias Golf Course
Holes 10-18......
Morelia, Michoacan
This past week Sandra and I played the back nine (Holes 10-18). We normally play the first nine holes because they are more level and easier. We like the back nine better though because there are really beautiful views of the canyon. I hope you enjoy the photos! The photo below shows a view down the canyon. The rock formation in the top center is Tres Marias. It is a tall column of rock with three large rocks balancing on top. These three rocks look like heads. My understanding of the history is that the original indigenous people viewed this ground sacred and holy, thus todays name: Tres Marias (Three Mary's) Can anyone identify the Biblical three Mary's?
The two photos below show Sandra teeing off on two different holes. Since Sandra began lessons in January her game has really improved. She is playing with much more confidence. I really enjoy our time together during our weekly game and it is so good to be outside in the fresh air getting exercise.
The photo below shows me getting ready to tee off. My game has improved in the past couple of months although I'm still not at the level of play and consistency that I hope for. Golf is a funny game, one day the driver is good and irons are bad; the next time out irons are great and the driver is bad. My putting is still the weakest part of my game, my old golfing buddies couldn't believe how I could slice a putt!
The last photo shows (the circular building) the 19th hole or as it is referred to in Mexico (El diez y nueve).
This is where the golfers go to lick their wounds, settle up their bets or to get a cool drink and bite to eat. In a future posting I will show holes 19-27. These are by far the most difficult holes and Sandra and I have yet to play them.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home