Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tres Marias Residential Golf
Morelia, Michoacan
Week 33 Jan. 15-21, 2007


This photo is the view out of the dining room. The windows were put in Friday and the view is our favorite. The carpenter delivered some of the wood Saturday. This is one of the interior doors. The wood is cedar. The next couple of weeks should be very exciting as the finishing details are being completed. When we first saw Architect Arturo's finish and detail work, and use of color we knew he was the one we wanted to build our house. I consider him a real expect with his finish work and fine detail.
The photo below shows the progress on our master bathroom. Lots of tile!
The painter finished staining the Michoacan pine this week. The ceiling just needs a final coat of lacquer to give it a little shine. We have this wood ceiling in the dining room, living room, office and the garage. The stain really brought out the grain in the wood.
The two photos below show the finished marble facing that was applied to the wall. It is really striking, much more elegant that I had imagined. The exterior walls will be painted in three contrasting shades of yellow/gold and will make the marble really stand out.
The last photo shows the rear of the house. I realized I haven't taken a photo of the back for a while, so I wanted to remind you of how it looks. It's really amazing how the front of the house looks like a single level home, and then you see the back and it looks really huge. It is an illusion though, as the bottom level is about half the square footage as the top level. We are looking forward to the carpenter installing the doors this week and we hope the windows are completed, then the house will be enclosed.


1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David & Sandra


I found this website while I was searching on how to build in Mexico, I just bough and old house in Morelia historical district so your website has been very helpful providing me with the information I need to understand construction in Mexico and you did an amazing job. This is very motivating and thank you for sharing your experience.

I hired and architect back in January 2008, he’s been working on floor plan since then and he has not been able to deliver the project on time plus the communication is just not there.




I’m looking for an architect to take over this project who is honest responsible and reliable.


I will highly appreciate if you are be able to provide me with feedback about Arturo’s Vargas work as well his contact information.



You can contact me at sdyaz@yahoo.com

Best regards,

Servando Pena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home